You may be wondering what to look for when choosing supplies for your AirBNB, Bed and Breakfast or Vacation Rental. Well, as luck would have it, our team has compiled an amenities checklist of our top tips to use when choosing hotel supplies for your vacation rental business!
With the rapid growth of Vacation Rentals and AirBnB's, more and more property owners and managers are wondering where they can buy hotel size toiletries for their guest bathrooms. A quick Google search will result in many companies that sell toiletries and hotel supplies, but most cater to the Hotel Industry and sell in bulk cases of 400 pieces or more. By the time you order the individual box of soap bars, shampoo, conditioner and lotion, you could have over 1000 pieces of guest amenities that you probably won't use before it expires. Not to mention, you must have enough storage to keep it all!
Although providing bathroom toiletries may seem insignificant, high quality products convey a positive image about your business and show that you care about your guest’s comfort. Many people who stay in vacation rentals, are not able to check in until later in the day and sometimes they can't make it to the store until the next day to buy all the groceries and essentials for their stay. Providing guests with a bathroom amenity kit, allows them to take a shower and get cleaned up upon checking in.
Tips for choosing bathroom amenities:
Since most vacation rentals do not have daily maid service like a hotel, the toiletries are not replenished daily. We recommend a 35ml shampoo, conditioner and lotion and a minimum of a 20g soap bar, which is ideal for a typical guest stay.
Focus on quality:
Never compromise on product quality. Small soaps and shampoos that lather great and leave your guests squeaky clean! You only have one chance to make a first impression so make it a good one. If possible, select environmentally friendly bathroom amenities as many guests favor eco-conscious products.
Meet your guests’ expectations:
Most guests are accustomed to complimentary bath amenities hotels provide. They may not pack toiletries thinking they are going to be available just like at a hotel. Meet their expectations by providing them with high quality hotel amenity kits.
Stick to your operating budget:
You don't have to provide a large assortment of toiletries to make a good impression. Our room ready amenity kits are value priced and include all the essentials to get your guest started before they can make it to the grocery store. All kits include at least a conditioning travel size shampoo, moisturizing conditioner, luxury lotion and bar of soap.
Consider your vacation home setting:
Just like luxury hotels have branded amenities that promote the theme and style of the hotel, you can now order hotel size amenities that reflect the style of your rental and showcase YOUR brand.
Vacation Rental Bathroom check list:
- Toiletries: For the shower it is nice to provide a shampoo, conditioner and bar of soap. A smaller size soap bar is a nice extra for the sink area and can also double as a facial bar. No matter where your rental is located, a luxury lotion is a nice touch and one that guests often take home with them after their stay. It is a great extra to provide!
- Towels: Soft, clean towels in all bathrooms. Separate towel for the face, hands and body in every bathroom. If you have a pool, or access to a beach or lake, it is nice to provide Beach Towels.
- Makeup Wipes: Speaking of towels, save yourself time and money by providing makeup wipes to guests. This is an easy and cost effective way to keep those luxurious towels nice and stain free!
- Shower mat: A washable bath mat is recommended for all showers and bathtubs.
- Extra sundry items: These items are not essentials, but nice to have a few on hand under the sink in case guests forget to pack them: disposable razors, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- To make a lasting impression on your guests, stock your rental bathrooms with our eco-friendly bathroom toiletries. Our toiletries are a easy way to show your guests you have thought of everything and they will set yourself apart from your competition.
Proudly Canadian, and family owned since 1961, we at Custom Amenities Inc have been a leading supplier of guest amenities for hotels, inns, resorts, vacation rentals, boutique hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, HomeAway, VRBO, AirBnB, BNB's and more. We offer an array of Eco-Friendly guest toiletries that are beyond the ordinary. Our in-house designed and formulated product ranges include hotel soaps, guest size shampoos, conditioners, body lotions, bath gels and much and complete bathroom amenities kits. Each of our products and collections are designed from the highest quality ingredients with subtle fresh fragrances your guests will love. Our spa-quality formulations, biodegradable packaging, 100% vegetable-based soaps, cruelty free and paraben-free ingredients will make your property stand out from the rest!
- Team Custom